Saturday, April 28, 2007

its finally over! my body can finally release all the tension and rest peacefully. but like i was telling joel, i see miracles everyday throughout this exam period... shall share a few here.

as i found out this semester, i am naturally hyperactive. haha used to think i just procrastinate. but this time round, no matter how hard i try to force myself to sit there and study, i just cannot. i cant help but move around and if i sit for too long, my eyes will hurt and my brain will stop picking up information. so irritating. so this semester i wont be surprised if i do badly.

anyway, so i did not study early, and i could not mug nearer to the exam dates, so this means: i was very ill prepared for this exam. so as usual, being the lazy and last minute arts student, i just picked some topics to study for and guess what? out of the 4 subjects, what i chose to study for came out!!! yups must really thank God. cos not only did the questions come out, but the questions were pretty easy to understand. so yups! thats great. plus, normally i'll get nightmares before the exams and i'll get cold fingers that cramp up during exams. but this time round, although my fingers were cold, they did not cramp up and i wrote the longest essays in all my entire life. hahaha 4 to 5 pages in an hour is amazing i tell u. my longest record was 2.5 pages. hahaha

and for my "family" paper, i woke up early to study in the morning (usual), but i got so tired so i fell asleep while waiting for my father to come fetch me. ended up, my dad got so caught up in his visitation that he came home late and i was asleep so i did not call to rush him!!! so we only had 15 minutes to travel to school, a trip that normally takes 20 minutes! so guess what, i was late for the paper. never in my entire life have i been late, or even on time for my exams. so ya, on the way to school, i was trying not to flare up or start panicking. kept telling myself to calm down. then i looked out of the van and saw the trees and i told God: Father you can make the trees grow and make the sun rise, i am sure You can stop time for me and let me get there in time.

weird prayer, i know =) but God did say yes to that prayer! in a different way though. he did not make time stop, but he made my lecturer stop ;) when i reached there, my lecturer was making the entire hall wait for me and she was desperately trying to get my contact number! hahaha amazing la! so i was not penalized by having less time to do my paper, although i was unable to calm down after i sat down, because i ran and i was panicking. haha so i kinda screwed up my first question by writing too much without any plan (never do that). yups but God did make something stop!

lessons learnt:
(1) never do last minute work, 1 month before is not enough either.
(2) don't be afraid to pray for outrageous prayers, as long as they are not for your own selfish gains but for God's glory (thats why i am writing this here, to give Him the glory)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home