Thursday, May 17, 2007

serving in church has made me more sensitive to God's emotions. everytime i get hurt loving others, i remember how God went through pain to love me as well. despite all the times i leave Him and do things to hurt Him, He still wants me to come home. He never stops calling me home.
She has not acknowledged that I was the one
who gave her the grain, the new wine and oil,
who lavished on her the silver and gold—
which they used for Baal.

I feel His pain, the pain that God feels everytime we use a talent that He gave to gain praise for ourselves, everytime we use the money that God gave to enjoy life instead of using it for His people, everytime we enjoy all that He has given and worship life. I cried when i read that passage, because that is who i am - a prostitute. loving all that my husband has given and lavishing it on my lover.

"In that day," declares the LORD,
"you will call me 'my husband';
you will no longer call me 'my master."

how i look forward to that day when my relationship with God goes beyond duty (my master), to that of love and passion (my husband).

the joy of the Lord is my strength.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home