Thursday, February 23, 2006

talking to myself again=p

jus a little conversation i had with my bro-in-christ. n i tink i should write this down so i can constantly remind myself to keep my pride in check.. hope this encourages all u out there!

when i got my grp this yr.. i was very very very very disappointed cos i felt like i couldnt do anything in this grp. they alreadi noe God they alreadi come to church so all my goals were useless.. like u said abt to inspire to disciple to all tt.. i couldnt do any of those. i wanted another grp cos i felt they needed me more.. i felt tt was the most challenging grp

so i felt very very bitter n all but then i realised tt i was very very wrong. my job here i not jus to edify others. im here to edify myself most imptly. as christians there r always pple who wanna lead.. but its very hard to wanna learn n im tt kinda person. i wanted to lead.. to inspire, to hear pple thank me for being their inspiration. but i was extremely wrong n i thank GOd for correcting me. so now my goal in yf is not to lead. im here as a facilitator, im here to learn.

tts why my grp's goals r beyond me as well.. haha honestly when i set those goals i was challenging myself first of all. im afraid of getting rejected when evangelising.. so one goal for my grp was to go do street E in march. i was the lazy kinda n i onli wanted to do big tings for GOd.. but one goal i set for my grp was to do small tings. to do tings like pour water n distribute food, clear tables n rubbish after fellowship n thruout this yr i haf been edified.. tho onli2 mths but i haf been constantli challenged to stay near to God

so sometimes when we r so busy doing smth for God we forget tt this is for us too. then we get so tired n bogged down by the sense of responsibility tt we miss out on the self edification n learning process. then in the end we totalli miss the point of serving, which is partly to teach us to live out the Christlike life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home